Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Episode 33: Nuts Make Me Giggle



Ok. My apologies to anyone who is now ashamed of writing. But yes, I do snicker at nuts. Originally, this was just gonna be like the other zone overviews, but I had to do the nut quest and well...snicker...I'm sorry but it makes me laugh. If you don't laugh, you must be a commi terrorist hippe. You bastard.

But hey, I've also done some other work with the comic too. No, not with Model Viewer, but with paper and pencil!



So this is a rough sketch of the face. For the life of me I could not get the eyes to not look retarded, so I just left them out for now. One of the hardest things for me with hand drawing is I'm very hard on myself and end up throwing out alot of my work. But I've decided its about time I start showing my work as it progresses.




The general face design I'm pretty cool with, although a fair amount of work still has to go into it. This is my first real shot at a body design. I'll be honest, I'm terrible with bodies. I really am. So this was my first real shot at it. Drawing the shoulder pads first actually really helped alot, but there's still a fair amount of clean up to go. You can also see my notes on the sides. I think they fit.



And some quick attempts at inking it in photoshop. This is gonna take some practice. I feel like too much was lost. And the eyes are just for the sake of having eyes. And I still have to color this...shudder.

But there you go, a little insight as to my scheming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me giggle as well, loved it :)

Anonymous said...

I'll often visit the outhouse after having completed the quest. Usually when other people are in it.






No, I don't think it's weird.

Armchair Editorialist said...

iLol'd
Nuts